Monday, February 9, 2009

weekend injuries part 1

so. this is the absolute first time i've ever in my life blogged. not sure what the "rules" are, but i'll give it a whirl.

it's recently come to my attention that i'm somewhat of a klutz. ok, not that recently. i've known for awhile now. take, for example, friday night. it was decently warm. for february in illinois at least. i started drinking pretty early with my girls and basically forgot to eat supper. you can see where this is heading. it got to be pretty late. i was roadtripping with 2 friends, one whom was passed out in the backseat of my car. bad, bad girls, i know. i got the super awesome idea to go check out this abandoned house in the middle of nowhere. i've been in the damn thing 500 times over the years, but for some reason, it still excites the hell out of me. it's still stable, so i bounced my drunken self up on the porch and went in. yep, looks the same as it did two weeks ago.

fast forward approximatly 3 minutes. i'm now on the ground next to the porch. yes, i walked right off the end of it.

in the morning i was confused as to why: 1.) my ankle hurt so bad and 2.) where the huge bruise on my knee came from. i figured it out after rehashing the night with my peeps.

so maybe it's not that i'm a klutz...maybe i'm just a drunk. what a mystery. we'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment